How do I set my homepage in the Internet Explorer?
Doubtlessly, the original Internet Explorer is one of the most iconic browsers still in existence with millions of people using it as their prefered Internet app. And you’re most definitely not alone with your desire to replace your browser’s regular startup page with a website of your choosing. And these quick and easy to follow instructions will show you how to do this in no time!
Step-by-step instructions on how to set any website as your starting page in the Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer just like you always do and visit the website you would like to designate as your startup page.
- Now that you’ve opened it up, click the cogwheel icon in the top right corner of your tab, after which a drop-down menu will appear.
- In this menu, choose click the “Internet options” button, whereafter the corresponding window will start up.
- Now, you’ll simply have to press the “Use current” button and you’ve got yourself your custom homepage.
- Alternatively, you could instead copy your desired website’s URL by clicking the top-hand searchbar, while viewing said website, marking the link and either pressing “Strg” and “c” simultaneously or by rightclicking the marked text and choosing the “Copy” option.
- After this you’ll need to go back to the “Internet options” window and find the “Home page” header, which is located at the top of the “General” tab. You’ll be able to easily stop the textbox directly below the “To create home page tabs, type each address on its own line” text, into which you may insert the copied URL by either pressing “Strg” and “v” at the same time or by rightclicking the box and pressing the “Insert” button.
- Afterwards just press “Ok” at the bottom of the “Internet options” tab and that’s it, you’ve successfully created your own custom startup page.
What are the most popular websites/homepages in your country?
The top 10 most visited websites in the US are Goolge, Youtube, Facebook, Reddit, Amazon, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Twitter, Ebay and Netflix. What is your favorite website? Please vote and post your favorite site in comments.