How do I set my homepage in Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers available for Internet users. When opening your Chrome browser, you’ll usually see a Google search bar and a few of your most frequented websites. This poses the question: How can I set any other website as my homepage in Google Chrome?
Step-by-step instructions on how to set any website as your starting page in Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser as usual, click the line of three dots in the top right corner and select the “settings” tab in the new menu that has just opened up.
- You should now see before you a new page with the heading “appearance”, among others.
- Now, search for the “Show home button” switch, which might already be enabled, if so, it will be colored blue.
- If not, enable this option by clicking on the grey slide on the right side. Under the “Show home button” option, there now should be two additional options.
- If you were to enable “New Tab page”, your homepage would be a new and empty tab. If you’d like this to be the case, press the circle to the left of the writing.
- The second option “Enter custom web address” will, if enabled, let you choose your startup page yourself.
- To do this, click on the circle in front of the text.
- Now, you’ll need the URL of your soon-to-be homepage. You may acquire it by opening said page normally, clicking the upper-hand searchbar, so the displayed link turns blue, and either pressing the “Strg” and the “c” key simultaneously or by simply right-clicking said text and choosing the “Copy” option.
- After having copied the website’s URL, you’ll simply have to go back to your “Settings” tab and insert the mentioned link into the text box.
- This may be done by first clicking the box, where currently “Enter custom web address” is written and either pressing both the “Strg” and the “v” key at the same time or by simply right-clicking said text box and choosing the “Insert” option.
- And that’s it! You can now close the “Settings” tab and whenever you press the house-icon on the top left corner of your browser, or when you open up Google Chrome anew, your chosen website will open up as your homepage.
What are the most popular websites/homepages in your country?
The top 10 most visited websites in the US are Goolge, Youtube, Facebook, Reddit, Amazon, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Twitter, Ebay and Netflix. What is your favorite website? Please vote and post your favorite site in comments.